Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Advantages of Key Notes??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,
I haven’t use key notes (Cad image tool) before, thinking of trying it out, but with AC12 version, we would need to buy it.

- What I would like to know the difference between the traditional way of placing the notes (by typing, copying and paste to all drawings) and key notes.
- Are there any advantages of key notes??
- How much times has saved through out the whole development design & documentation?? (if possible, what’s the percentage of times has saved)??
- is it worth while to buy the keynotes Cad image tool now?? or they might be free in the future??? hehehe.... ....I knwo they're free in AC11 version.

Please give me some comments.

Thanks in Advance

Star
21 REPLIES 21
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
I believe it caught on more in the US because it was developed to some detail in the 80s by the AIA as a system called ConDoc. Unfortunately, that system was way too constraining, but it laid down the groundwork for what is now the NCS (National CAD Standard). Oddly enough, even a Google search turns up very few results, so it's pretty defunct. More info at:
http://www.idas.net/services.htm#Condoc

I have an old ConDoc book... I should ask the AIA if it can be republished, or at least scanned to PDF and posted on the web.
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)
Macbook Pro 15" Touchbar OSX 10.15 Core i7 2.9GHz/16GB RAM/Radeon Pro560 4GB
Da3dalus
Enthusiast
Did I just get misquoted?
Chuck Kottka
Orcutt Winslow
Phoenix, Arizona, USA

ArchiCAD 25 (since 4.5)