Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiCAD 10 publishing a *.dwg with external content

Anonymous
Not applicable
It seems that when ArchiCAD 10 publishes a *.dwg it ignores the viewports created from externally placed content and only saves the viewports which contain drawing information held within that *.pln. Having tried various translator options with no success is their a way of making it recognise the external content from other ArchiCAD 10 *.pln's and include them within the published *.dwg file?

It seems odd because previously with ArchiCAD 9 and Plotmaker the layout book contained views from many different ArchiCAD *.pln files and it had no problem publishing *.dwgs with the drawing content etc!

thanks

djhog

OSX 10.4.8, PowerPC G5 Dual 2 GHz

ArchiCAD 10, 1010 INT FUL
3 REPLIES 3
TomWaltz
Participant
I routinely have views placed from multiple PLNs and have not seen this problem.

Are you getting any error messages?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope, I don't get an error message? after publishing the *.dwg, I re-open it using AC 10 and it is blank? the current translators 'Save Options' are as follows:

for future editing

File Format: AutoCAD 2004, 2005, 2006
Convert Images to: Image's original format
Template File: (not sure what this is? but I leave it blank)
Save Layout into: Paper space with full drawings content
Place drawings into: Single DXF/DWG file
Saving floor plan: convert complex elements to blocks
Save zones as: stamp and fill

I have tried other 'Save Option' combinations but still get a blank *.dwg?

Please note if i link a view from the same AC 10 *.pln the view appears in the *.dwg, it only ignores views that have been imported/linked from other AC 10 *.pln's?? its frustrating as we are running on v.similar systems and you don't seem to be suffering!

djhog51
Andy Thomson
Advisor
Longshot here, but I remember something about all placed drawings needing to be up-to-date before publishing, but I forget what the 'or else' was about...
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro