cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiCAD 11 to Revit...

Chris Grantham
Advocate
Does anyone know how this works or if it even does? Our structural engineer would like to create a structural model based on our BIM in Revit. I am not even sure if this is a good idea, please let me know. Thanks in advance!
-Chris
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
5 REPLIES 5
Djordje
Ace
Export it as IFC 2.2

Look through this forum, there are three or four topics on this subject.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
Export it as IFC 2x2
IFC 2x3 seems much better. You must use AC11 and Revit 2008 though. I haven't gotten into all the export/import options yet, but it looks so far like the best building model translation option I have ever seen.
__archiben
Booster
Matthew wrote:
IFC 2x3 seems much better.
the trouble is IFC2x3 seems to parse very slowly and too continually for my liking. i sit back every five minutes and wait for it to slowly do it's 'tree synchronisation' thing for a minute or so. it's getting painful.

i would love to be able to turn IFC2x3 synchronisation on/off 'by project' rather than 'by archicad'.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Chris Grantham
Advocate
To give everyone an update, I exported through IFC 2x3, and apprently it worked quite well for Revit 2008. When I finished I had an error message, and when our consultant opened the .ifc file he too had some errors, but the model appears to be fine. We think that it might be some random library parts that are doing this. In the future you may want to strip your file down to the bare minimum before converting. Also, it took a solid 20 minutes and it is not a very big model so keep that in mind as well. Thanks for everyone's help!
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I recommend this free optimizer, makes wonders.

Solibri IFC Optimizer
Solibri IFC Optimizer is an ultimate IFC tool that can be used to optimize IFC files. Optimization is lossless and the size of the result file is normally 5-10% of the original. During optimization all redundancy is removed from the file by updating the references. The resulting file contains e.g. identical lines only once.