cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiCAD Crashing Window Schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone run into the issue of ArchiCAD crashing when you try to enter information into window schedules? I have a model going right now, nothing overly complex, that crashes when I enter information into it. I've made window schedules many times before and have had this periodically happen. If anyone can shed some insight into this issue, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Does this happen on a particular file or in all files?
Does the crash occur when trying to edit specific fields or specific Window types or in all cases? I am supposing here from your description that the crash occurs when you try to enter or change listed values in the generated Schedule.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
The crash occurs, as you thought correctly, when I am trying to update different fields in the window schedule. There is a certain format that our firm uses for schedules, and the window rough openings listed on the schedule aren't directly linked to the windows in the model. I've had this happened a couple times in the past, and sometimes deleting the schedule and making a new one takes care of the problem. However, as you can imagine, that solution is really annoying and timely.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
In this case I would suggest that you contact the local ArchiCAD tech support and send them the file so they can properly investigate what is happening. It may have to do with how you are creating those rough openings for the Windows. Or it may be file-specific. Or it may be something else. They should be able to find the cause.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27