Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiStair question

I just purchase ArchiStairs and despite their excellent uer guide I have the following problem.

Created a new stair. Saved the stairs in the ArchiStairLib folder.
Now I wouldlike to use the same stair in another project and cannot retrieve it in the same manner in which weselect and place Archicad Object's.

In other words,in plan view, I select Object and I cannot place the previously saved stair. I am able to see the "dot"placement when I use the Arrow selection but nothing else.

Any clues what I am doing wrong?
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
8 REPLIES 8
Try either loading the Archistair lib or start Archistair when the new project is opened in AC.

Maybe You have saved the stair in other folder - so You should also load this folder as a library.

Hope it helps,

Best Regards,
Piotr
No luck.

I loaded the Archistair Lib and I verified that the file is in the folder (using the browser).
When I select OBJECT-Archistair Lib, the file is not there.

Thanks for the suggestion

Anybody else out there?
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
Just checking...

You use Object tool to place the stair?

if so - You should use a Stair tool insted.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Conrado,

probably you misunderstood the way in which ArchiStair works: ArchiStair doesn’t save stair objects (like StairMaker does)!
You can save (using the save setting button) the configuration of your stair but not the stair object.
If you want use the same stair in a different project you should copy the stair from the original project and paste it into the new one or (maybe more comfortable) save a module file (including just the stair) that can be imported (also by Drag & Drop) in any other ArchiCAD project.

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Greetings Fabrizio and Viva L'Italia, congratulations on wining the World Cup.

I really misunderstood the saving concept.
If I understand now, what we are saving are the parameter configurations of railings, handrails etc. which could be applied in the furure to other stairs of equal or different configurations.

I may trouble you later with some questions regarding "landings" and understanding how the plug in place the railings on the landing sides. As of now I am not able to ask the question in a coherent way.

One final observation regarding the handrail endings. It may be helpful to have an option where the "elbow" in the ending pieces is turned towards the wall (in the direction of the stair stringer). Perhaps a "check mark" that will trigger a ROTx turning the elbow 90 degrees will do the trick. I try to study the GDL file but I could not locate the appropiate place to try this.

Anyway, thanks and keep the good work going.
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Good suggestion Conrado.

As I already wrote before, in this same Forum, we are currently working on the next ArchiStair major update and the railings are the main field of improvement.

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Anonymous
Not applicable
Fabrizio wrote:
...we are currently working on the next ArchiStair major update...

So what's the update on that upgrade. I've been holding up on updating to v1 for 10, and then v2 for 10, hoping to do everything in one jump (and save a whopping $15?,... yeah, HUGE amount, I know). So when's v2 coming, cuz I had the feeling it was just around the corner, and that was way back in... last decade it seems.

BTW, I'm not bustin' your chops cuz I know you have your work cut out with all these other upgrades to 10, but I was just looking for a rough estimate.
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
I'm really sorry but, at least today, I'm not able to give you a "serial" forecast.

The next major update will provide the user with new stair typologies (some examples can be find on this same forum) which will mainly address the modern stair styles and, on the other hand, a new way to design/build/handle the handrail.

This last field is the most complex one.
We are studying new procedure to provide the user with more freedom in creating such kind of elements but, as you can understand, is not so simple.

Maybe after the summer I will be able to be more detailed and precise...

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati