Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

ArchiTiles, problem with texture

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I tried to use the green texture on the tiles, but it cannot show the texture. The same texture is used on the desk (here it is showed right). Dont you know, where is problem? Thank you

21 REPLIES 21
Dwight
Newcomer
Use the info.beginnernomore@telus.net address.
Make sure it is saved as a .pla with all textures.
Find a transfer service from:

http://www.prospector.cz/Free-Internet-services/Online-storage-space/
Dwight Atkinson
Dwight
Newcomer
Now that i have the file, there's a problem with rendering it because the "CadImage Macros" aren't in the archive. Dang.

But i did open the file and i think the explanation for why the tiles won't accept your new material definition is that you had this box checked - it would prevent material assignment.

Let me know.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
If I clear the check box than the tile material and cleft material will be the same and I do not want it.
Dwight
Newcomer
Were these tiles made with the ArchiTiles Add-On?

I suspect you'll need to figure out how to the edit those materials in ArchiTiles, but i have no skills in that add-on.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, it was made by ArchiTiles Add-On.
Dwight
Newcomer
I am such an idiot.
I got into this without really studying the title of your post.
Duh.

Do you have the Add-on?
I believe that to edit the materials you'll need the add-on.

But you are already doing so much work with these simple tiles, why not just array some slabs and trim them to fit the room. ArchiTiles shines when importing fancy tile shapes and patterns, not common squares.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, I have it in PC (without CD). It is student version, because I have AC 11 EDU.
Dwight
Newcomer
From rudimentary study of the ArchiTiles manual, it looks like you must regenerate to edit the materials.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is there someone from CIGRAPH to solve my problem with ArchiTiles?
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
When you create a tile by using ArchiTiles you are going to create a "specific-real" tile.
You are defining the tile material, its cost, its productor, etc.
You cannot change the tile material because you are creating a real tile (if you want another color you should build another tile that will have a different code, price, material, etc.).
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy