Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad 17 -Possible to have MEP Pipe/duct Schedule?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to have the schedule of showing the length of the duct/pipe. I attempt to set the criteria to be "Layer" & “pipe", and choose the fields to be "Layer" and Length". It is strange that the schedule only display the pipe with length of 1000mm.

Any idea for showing the length of the MEP pipe/duct?

01. MEP Pipe Schedule - Criteria.jpg
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kent wrote:
I want to have the schedule of showing the length of the duct/pipe. I attempt to set the criteria to be "Layer" & “pipe", and choose the fields to be "Layer" and Length". It is strange that the schedule only display the pipe with length of 1000mm.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Kent wrote:
Kent wrote:

David Maudlin
Rockstar
Kent:

If you open the Settings for one of the pipes, you will see that there is no Length or Width parameters, and that the Length is listed under the Parameters section. To get the length of pipes (and other MEP parts) you will need to use the Add Object Parameters button under Scheme Settings, then search for the pipe object and add its Length parameter to your schedule.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wow. Great Tips! Thank you a lot!

David wrote:
Kent:

If you open the Settings for one of the pipes, you will see that there is no Length or Width parameters, and that the Length is listed under the Parameters section. To get the length of pipes (and other MEP parts) you will need to use the Add Object Parameters button under Scheme Settings, then search for the pipe object and add its Length parameter to your schedule.

David
Foti
Enthusiast
Hi David,

I followed the instructions for the pipe schedule, but was not able to find that paramater for the length, I got that length(A) only. I am in the right field? or location?

Foti
AC22 windows10
Foti B.

AC25
PC Precison 5760, Xeon 11955, 64GB, Nvidia RTX A3000
Foti
Enthusiast
Never mind just got it.
Foti B.

AC25
Foti
Enthusiast
One thing
I now have one layer in the schedule and that works, when I add a second layer to the field all the data gets removed?
Can I not put multiple layers on one schedule? I have my hot water distribution on one layer and cold on another. Or do I need to make a new schedule for each layer?

Thanks
Foti B.

AC25
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Foti:

You should post a screen shot of your Scheme Settings, but my guess is that you have "and" rather than "or" connecting the two Layer criteria.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Plus, you will have to put the two "Layer" criteria between parentheses so the Criteria are evaluated correctly.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27