Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Change MAnager NEW NEW!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
oooo ooooo.... have I been the first to spot this!!!!

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/construction/products_and_services/change_manager/

Looks interesting pity it wasnt intergrated intoAC10 instaed of flogging it seperatly for £$600 or so....

Still nice to see GS arent sitting on their hands
17 REPLIES 17
__archiben
Booster
Lennox wrote:
oooo ooooo.... have I been the first to spot this!!!
GSUK sent a mailshot about it a couple of months back. it's directed at the 'constructor' market.
Still nice to see GS arent sitting on their hand
it would be nicer still to see them sort out archiCAD's troubles and promote the virtual building process before they develop a single-platform DWG comparing tool. it is concerning to see the direction that the 'constructor' side of the business is taking archiCAD, it's core component.

~/archiben
b e n f r o s t
b f [a t ] p l a n b a r c h i t e c t u r e [d o t] n z
archicad | sketchup! | coffeecup
Djordje
Ace
~/archiben wrote:
GSUK sent a mailshot about it a couple of months back. it's directed at the 'constructor' market.
Yeah ... only contractors need to compare DWGs ...

Not.

Useful tool, no doubt!
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Thomas Holm
Booster
Is it possible to compare PDFs as well?
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Djordje
Ace
Thomas wrote:
Is it possible to compare PDFs as well?
Nope.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
TomWaltz
Participant
Lennox wrote:
oooo ooooo.... have I been the first to spot this!!!!

http://www.graphisoft.com/products/construction/products_and_services/change_manager/

Looks interesting pity it wasnt intergrated intoAC10 instaed of flogging it seperatly for £$600 or so....

Still nice to see GS arent sitting on their hands
Kind of a annoying that so much seems to be going into Constructor instead of Archicad though AND to pay so much for yet another add-on...
Tom Waltz
Bence Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear all,

When we started our construction modeling service ca. a year ago, we quickly realized that the most exhilarating part of this business is to keep track of the changes in the documentation. While struggling with the incoming, ever-changing drawings, we thought „hey, this is so boring, why don’t we just put up a little tool to handle this? Aren’t we a software company after all...?” So we did, and slowly the „little tool” has grown up and became a full-fledged application. At the same time we realized that our pain is also a BIG pain for all construction companies. And for subcontractors. And for architects. And for mechanical engineers. And so on. So we decided to make it into a product.

Why DWG (first)? Because in the construction process this is where the pain the biggest and the most acute. But you can bet that this will be followed by other formats (PDF, TIFF, others) and eventually (although this will be much more complex endeavor) I can foresee us tackling the issue of comparing models. But first things first... for the time being it will be a powerful tool for everybody (including of course architects!) who have to compare, manage and interpret incoming 2D drawings. So from now on your engineer should be more cautious what to send to you..!

Bence Kovács
Vice President
ArchiCAD Product Management
TomWaltz
Participant
I confess.... I'd be more excited if
A) There were a Mac version
B) It wasn't so expensive
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bence wrote:
Dear all,

Why DWG (first)? ............. (including of course architects!) who have to compare, manage and interpret incoming 2D drawings. So from now on your engineer should be more cautious what to send to you..!

Bence Kovács
Vice President
ArchiCAD Product Management

Well, First Option Manager and Now Change Manager, what is next ArchiCad; NOT on Mac platform

Why DWG and no Mac?
Why Architects on Windows and No Architects or Engineers on Mac?
Any answers?
Joseph
Anonymous
Not applicable
GS is betting all on Constructor. This is what result from a review of the financials.
http://www.portfolio.hu/en/cikkek.tdp?cCheck=1&k=1&i=7249
http://www.portfolio.hu/tozsde/infopanel.tdp?cCheck=1&rv=GRAPHI
Click on English

GS is approx. 40% owned by insiders. This makes them less likely to listen to the investors or us.

Archicad is not growing, Constructor is. The Constructor marker is tiny but with a brisk growth for 2005. GS is taking a gamble. If Constructor proves to be a money-producing asset for construction companies then it will be adopted fast. It may prove to be a wise move or it could marginalize the company or, it could wreck the development of the design-oriented effort.

The stock at the moment is high.