cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

.DWG Line Export Problems

Chris Grantham
Advocate
I have been having a bunch of problems with .dwg export, specifically with lines not cleaning up. Lately I have been trying to export "core only" to our structural engineers (due to some columns floating in walls beyond the core), and I have noticed that I cannot get lines to clean up. The more I looked at this, I am noticing that this is happening in instances where I am not using 'core only'. Has anyone else had this problem or is there an easy workaround? Thanks in advance!
-Chris
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There are probably connecting structures that cause those gaps.
Probably they are on hidden layers.
You could change the intersection group number of those Layers (so they do not intersect - elements intersect only with elements on Layers with the same Layer Intersection Group number), and save that state as a Layer Combination since when you are not displaying this core-only state, you would probably want these elements to intersect properly.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Chris Grantham
Advocate
That is a great idea for the second example... but what about the first "core only" example? Those are walls on the same layer?
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, but there can be other walls in hidden layers that still intersect with the visible walls. And a skin in the wall in the hidden layer has a Building Material with a higher Intersection Priority than the skin which has the broken boundary. Make all layers visible and show the Entire Structure so you can see what intersects the wall at those points.
Chris Grantham
Advocate
I think I figured it out... i had separator lines turned off! It still leaves a bunch of little line segments in .dwg but that should be resolved when delete duplicates and consolidate my linework. Thanks for your help!
16" MacBook Pro M1 Max
Mac OS 12.2.1
ArchiCAD 25 Build 6005
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Thanks for the feedback and the solution.