cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door Schedule w/o casings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im trying to make a door type schedule that shows no casings. Since the representation for the image is a symbol then the frame and leaf linetypes aren't handled independently. I thought i could set casing and frame to a certain pen set number and turn that to white to just make it invisible. Any Ideas?
13 REPLIES 13
rob2218
Enthusiast
Geez....ya know.
if they could just make the 2D door type elevations "not" have those darn casings.

That's what a "door type" is.....it's not a "door and casing type"...it's JUST the door leaf. The panel type. what the panel ONLY looks like.....hubboy.
good luck.
I'm still having a heck of time trying to figure out how best to make doors have "door type" information (the way it's represented here in the U.S.) and have the "door type schedule" only show the doors I'm using properly.

hubboy
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
NCornia wrote:
...But the silver lining is that there is always a way with ArchiCAD...
This is so true!

And that is what makes ArchiCAD the best program of it's kind.
There is always a way to get what you need with ArchiCAD.

Don't like the ArchiCAD doors and windows? Try some others.

There are many good door and window parts provided by manufactures.
Like these, which I have just discovered. Aliplast. Hinges!

Moprhp'em, tweak, save as new model parts in you need that.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

rob2218 wrote:
Geez....ya know.
if they could just make the 2D door type elevations "not" have those darn casings.

That's what a "door type" is.....it's not a "door and casing type"...it's JUST the door leaf. The panel type. what the panel ONLY looks like.....hubboy.
good luck.
I'm still having a heck of time trying to figure out how best to make doors have "door type" information (the way it's represented here in the U.S.) and have the "door type schedule" only show the doors I'm using properly.

hubboy
You could add Preview Picture to your schedules instead of View. The reason to do that is because you can make any kind of Preview Picture you want for the door panel. That might work if you don't need to add dimensions in your schedules.

Also, if you don't have too many doors you could edit the image in the Annotations window. Cover the casing with a fill ?

I get a lot of my door panel drawings from TruStyle. There is a CD they send out with hundreds of good drawings. I use them to make custom panels.

http://www.trustile.com/

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Here is an example of the Annotation you could do to your door schedule.
This is done in the TruCAD online door panel maker, saved and used in the ArchiCAD Annotation window.

http://trucad.trustile.com/doordesigntool/

Lots of ways to get what you need with ArchiCAD door schedules.
2015-04-11_14-33-26.png