cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Door schedule problem about orientation.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I have made a door schedule but there seems to be a problem about which side the door i viewed from.

Outward-opening doors are viewed from the outside and inward-opening doors from the inside.

How can i make Archicad view all doors from the outside?
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Unfortunately there is no way of controlling that in ArchiCAD.
I encountered similar situation many times in the past.
In my case, many times a Door was placed in Walls with varying thicknesses, such as 100 mm, 300 mm Wall, etc. What I would like to see is the ability to select which instance of the Door the Floor Plan, Elevation etc. Views of a Schedule are made of.
I would also like to see a portion of the enclosing Wall also generated in the Floor Plan View of the Door/Window.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
But even if you could get the image of the door to show how you want it, do you really want pictures in the schedule?

I am thinking about the Layout where the door schedules are displayed.
My door schedules have a reference for the head, jamb, and sill details.
With the door schedule and the door details are all in the same Layout, a picture of the door is redundant. You can see that better in other places. Interior Elevations, Sections, 3D Views...

Also, when the picture is large enough to show any useful detail, the text of the schedule is so disproportionate than it is a very inefficient use of Layout space.

I do use the pictures in my schedules sometimes, especially when I want to add some dimensions or other annotation. But it is always a bit awkward since we can't adjust the size of the cells well enough to make it work very well.

Also, is the picture any use to the person using the schedule? Are they getting any important information that is not communicated better in some other way?

Just some my thoughts about it. I do like the idea of graphics, but only so far as it it more useful than the other options.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25