Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Edit Database

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I can't seems to find the edit database, New properties,edit properties, last selection's properties and link properties by criteria,
except only for the set up list scheme option that is available by right click in the Navigator.
I know it suppose to be an add on, but going thru option/work enviroment/menu link brought up the dialogue box that has schedule and list options that are already available on the menu bar.
I will appreciate if someone can put me thru.

Thank you

Femi
8 REPLIES 8
I'm not sure that I follow you, but this link may help.
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Thanks i have seen the link, but the problem still remains customizing the work enviroment.
What i mean is that these list of commands :-
edit database, new properties,last selection properties,link properties by criteria and list set-up scheme commands, are surpose to be access from the menu/documents/schedules and lists hierachiy drop down menu, though i understand thru the ref. guide that they are not shown by default that the add-on should be added thru option/work enviroments/menu/schedules and lists........., but i can't find them at location options..... except those that are already available on the menu bar.

Since this is the dialogue box where you can create parameter for database set-up/report/calculation it is very vital

Cheers

Femi
Just to be clear -- you go to Options > Work Environment > Command Layout Schemes > Menus, List All commands by theme, and you are missing the needed items within the 16 Calculate folder?
WE.jpg
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC27 US (5003) on Mac OS Ventura 13.6.2
Started on AC4.0 in 91/92/93; full-time user since AC8.1 in 2004
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yea,

It is present in the menu>options>work enviroment>menu (command by theme options) 16 calculate folders, you made mentioned of, but it is suppressed (not available for selection/editing) probably because the commands have being made available elsewhere but where ? i couldn't find it in the whole of standard bar menu/sub-menu heirachi.
Probably it is because of the profile and scheme settings, maybe if it is possible to revert to a neutral profile/scheme where all the commands will be available for editing and then probably customize one

cheers
David Maudlin
Rockstar
femi:

Using Laura's image a an example, make sure you are in a menu. The pop-up list on the top right should be one of your menu items, not "Menubar". You can add the same command to multiple menus.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
pop-up list on the top right?
i have include an image of the link laura provided,but the commands are surpressed (not available for editing) same list in laura's image is active, or is it something i am doing wrong?
David Maudlin
Rockstar
femi wrote:
pop-up list on the top right?
Yes, the one thats says "Menubar". You need to enter one of the menus in the list on the right by double clicking on it, then you will be able to add the commands to that menu.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
David

Haaaaaaaaaa............................you just saved my day
it work very well

Thank you everyone

Regard

Femi