cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Fryrender

http://www.fryrender.com

Anyone tried this software yet with an ArchiCAD model?

Shot at 2007-07-18

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

8 REPLIES 8
There's currently no ArchiCAD plugin available for Fry, but one may become available depending on the demand from users ( which means more ArchiCAD users have to request it or wish for it at their forum, to let their developers know there is viable interest)

There are a few ArchiCAD user- Fryrender owners at the Fry forum though (like Rhodesy) so presumably they render their models using thrid party software like C4D or 3DS Max, for which the plugins exist. That's one of the disadvantages of having a software like ArchiCAD that interoperates easily and seamlessly with a host of other applications and exports its models to; there's simply never a sense of urgency for other developers to develop third party plugins that run natively (or almost natively) in the ArchiCAD UI, like the Maxwell plugin or the Cigraph plugins, especially when you can just port your model to more robust software and work on it there.

Still, a Fry plugin would be sweet, given as how it seems to be a more robust, stable and complete alternate to Maxwell, even though it's still in its Beta stage.

They will be releasing a demo version soon. Let's just hope that ArchiCAD's open and very friendly API, not to mention user-interest, encourages them to develop aplugin for ArchiCAD since these guys really seem to know what they're doing.
TomWaltz
Participant
Their site says 395 euros... did you find a US price somewhere else?
Tom Waltz
stefan
Advisor
While maybe not on the level of Fryrender or Maxwell, there are some free rendering applications that also use physically-based concepts:

Indigo http://www2.indigorenderer.com
(Win, integrates with Blender, SketchUp, Maya, XSI)

Kerkythea http://www.kerkythea.net
(Win+Linux, integrates with 3ds max, Blender, SketchUp)

And of course Radiance http://www.radiance-online.org
(Win+OSX+Linux, integrates with AutoCAD, Ecotect)
(and partially with ArchiCAD, using my own pre-alpha-add-on)
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Steve wrote:
http://www.fryrender.com

Anyone tried this software yet with an ArchiCAD model?

$395.00 US ?
wow, that was fast Steve. Getting that wish up on the Fryrender forum wishlist. I especially like the AC v11 startup splashscreen blow-up plea (my favourite of the ArchiCAD splashscreens btw, just nudging ahead of the AC V9 one that I also liked - you can never go wrong with F. Lloyd Wright); kind of emphasizes the point.

Let's just hope other users get onto the forum and post their votes for an ArchiCAD plugin as well. that`s how XSI users got theirs in progress; and Sketchup users before them.
Anonymous
Not applicable
stefan wrote:
While maybe not on the level of Fryrender or Maxwell, there are some free rendering applications that also use physically-based concepts:
Sorry stefan, but i think this is a joke.
Maxwell is the worst purshase of my life.
Promised tons. Delivered not half.

They both use exacly the same algorithm.
The difference is that maxwell focused on too many fronts (apps) and delived a buggy result. Fryrender delivers a much better result.

Imagine that displacement was promised from next limit 3 years ago and still not delived. Fryrender implemented it in 2 months. And we are talking about a super basic feature.

Fryrender does not have a archicad plugin. They are honest and say that they will have one but not a top priority. If you use c4d then by all means use fryrender.
TomWaltz wrote:
I was sure the site said 395 US dollars when I saw it.

I was probalby wrong or they have changed it.

395 US dollars = 546 Euros +/-

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Steve wrote:
TomWaltz wrote:
I was sure the site said 395 US dollars when I saw it.

I was probalby wrong or they have changed it.

395 US dollars = 546 Euros +/-
It is actually the other way around (the Euro is the stronger currency):

395 US dollars = about 288 Euros

Or, you may wanted to write:

395 Euros = 546 USD +/-
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
yes. thank you.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!