Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Import DWG with original lineweights

Dalius
Enthusiast
DWG import is a real headache...

When I save Archicad file as DWG, the drawing opened in Autocad has original lineweights. However when I open Autocad DWG file in Archicad, the drawing loses original lineweights and all the lines become 0.18 weight.

My question - is it possible to import DWG into Archicad with original lineweights? If yes, then which option of the DWG translator I should use in that case if I don't know what colors and lineweights where used by Autocad user? In other words, I need to open any DWG file in Archicad with original lineweights.

Many thanks for your comments and any help!
Dalius Regelskis
Archicad user since version 6.0
https://archicad-pamokos.lt
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think this is not possible!

Autocad has two ways of assigning lineweight information - by layer in the Layer Manager and in a separate file. In the dwg file there is information only about the first way. So, quite reasonably, AC just ignores this half-information.

You could ask your colleagues to send you dwg files with the lineweight file, but my experience shows that most of them have never heard of this file!
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you know the lineweights/colors you want, you can set up a pen table and apply it as needed. Since ArchiCAD works with multiple pen tables in each project this is really quite easy. It is a pain though if you have to do it often for many different consultants' files. But then most people don't use that many pens and AC can show only the pens used making it fairly easy to tweak them.
Djordje
Ace
kliment wrote:
You could ask your colleagues to send you dwg files with the lineweight file, but my experience shows that most of them have never
heard of this file!
CTB or STB?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Dalius
Enthusiast
Thank you for your comments.

As I understand, it is impossible that DWG file could be opened in Archicad with original lineweights if I don't know what lineweights where used in Autocad?
Dalius Regelskis
Archicad user since version 6.0
https://archicad-pamokos.lt
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje wrote:
CTB or STB?
Yeah, this is the question!

Dalius wrote:
As I understand, it is impossible that DWG file could be opened in Archicad with original lineweights if I don't know what lineweights where used in Autocad?
If you open the file on another computer, even Autocad would not know!
Djordje
Ace
kliment wrote:
If you open the file on another computer, even Autocad would not know!
It will, with eTransmit/Pack&Go ...

... but most of the users don't know about it anyway ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen