BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Interactive schedule appears different in drawing layout

Kathryn W
Participant
I have created a window / glazed door schedule. It appears as I want it to in the schedule, however additional lines appear in the drawing layout. These lines are hidden lines in the schedule (ie when I select the door in the annotation window of the schedule I can see the lines that will appear in the drawing layout).
I have set my model view options for my schedule to override fill background colour so that my elevations show as line drawings, not sure if this is the problem, but eitherway I need to get rid of the extra lines and have the schedule read as a line drawing.
see screen shot attachment of the 3 senarios
Any solutions??
Kathryn
Archicad version 19
Windows 10
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
I don't have an answer for you but what does the door look like in the model elevation when you select it.
What is the name of the door object - is it a standard Archicad library door?
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Kathryn W
Participant
Hi Barry,

The windows and doors all look fine in elevation.
They are standard archicad windows (ribbon window) and doors (D1) it is also happening to a door with a custom panel.
Kathryn
Archicad version 19
Windows 10
Kathryn W
Participant
Hi All, I'm still stuck on this if anyone has some advice??
Kathryn
Archicad version 19
Windows 10
Karl Ottenstein
Might be something specific to that library part and/or the parameters you've set for it.

Posting a zip of a MOD file with just the door (and host wall) in it would let other AUS-library users help you.

I hesitate to suggest creating a PLA with just the door/host wall and schedule unless someone else from Australia doesn't jump in to help once you post a zipped MOD.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Kathryn W
Participant
In case anyone is following this or has the same problem, I worked it out. In the schedule, under "Apply Format Options to: Preview" I did not have the "Enable Object's Pen" box ticked, therefore all the lines were displaying in the contour pen selected. The implications of this are not apparent until the schedule is placed on a drawing as the hidden lines are still hidden in the schedule but appear in the drawing.

Another issue this raises is that, when the "Enable Object's Pen" box is ticked, the schedule does not actually reference the objects pens. It references the pens selected in the object's Selection Settings - Floor Plan and section - symbol and outline pens, even if the "enable objects pens" box is ticked here.

This is really annoying and cumbersome, but at least my issue is solved.
Kathryn
Archicad version 19
Windows 10
Learn and get certified!