Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Is 3D DWF output available from ArchiCAD?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would like to be able to export a VRML-like experience from a site massing model we are working on for a remote client. Does AC10 or will AC11 be able to export 3D DWF files that can be navigate through?
6 REPLIES 6
Djordje
Ace
Vrml since always. Check the new and old VRML players. Check Zermatt.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
If it's VRML, has anyone had success with the Cortona Mac OS X browser plug-in for viewing the files?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ahhhhhhh. It seems Cortona works with IE, but maybe not Safari. I was able to view a 3D model downloaded from www.avatara.com and now will see what content can be created from ArchiCAD....
Anonymous
Not applicable
The vrml generated by ArchiCAD needs to be optimized, otherwise you will not be able to walk through your 3D project with any viewer. With Mac there is a further problem, because the vrml-client producers are more concentrate on Windows world and the viewers for Mac are much less developed.

Giovanni
http://www.vitruvian-studio.com
stefan
Expert
I have better success exporting to 3ds files and converting them elsewhere. The VRML files from ArchiCAD place the vertical axis in another direction than what is expected by browsers. And there are flipped normals.

3D DWF can not be created from ArchiCAD. If you have an autodesk product such as AutoCAD or VIZ, then you might pass it through there. I would go through VIZ for textured output.

On Mac, the Cortona VRML players works fine under FireFox. Not in Safari.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried 3DXML? I've just come across it recently, developed by Dessault, who make Solidworks. www.3ds.com. They have a piece of software called 3DXML Printer, which I think converts other 3D files into small, navigatable 3DXML files.

(Note the I THINK - I haven't tried it yet, so it's all just an idea. but it might do what you want...)