Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License outage
Dear Customers, We are facing with an outage in our services in Azure. You may experience issues with the Azure-based functions, like licensing, BIMcloud SaaS, Learn Portal. We are working hard on this issue to make it fixed as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Layer names in DWG export - simply the same as original WITHOUT view name prefix?

gullymoy
Participant

Hello, 

When exporting DWGs from AC27, I can't get the layer names to simply carry over the same as in the original; they always come prefixed with the view name leading to a very cluttered layer list. I don't think this happened to me in AC26 and I can't find a setting to change.

In my translator, under 'layer name preview' it says '<ACLayerName>', which suggests I should get exactly what I want - just the original AC layer name...

gullymoy_0-1720691181705.png

And, under 'Methods', layers are set according to 'Archicad Layers'...

gullymoy_2-1720691425206.png

... However in the exported DWG, all the layer names are separated and prefixed by the view name

gullymoy_1-1720691325248.png

Is this normal? Is there a solution for what I want?

Thanks

Operating system used: Windows 11

2 REPLIES 2
gullymoy
Participant

For anyone else with the issue, Graphisoft support told me you have to set your drawings to automatically update to fix the issue. Manually updating the drawings just before export only fixed a few of the layers for me, but when all drawings were set to auto-update, all layers were exported correctly. Annoying for those of us who don't like our drawings to automatically update, but better than millions of layers in dwg export.

Incidentally, I also get this issue, whether they're set to automatically update or not.

@gullymoy wrote:

For anyone else with the issue, Graphisoft support told me you have to set your drawings to automatically update to fix the issue. Manually updating the drawings just before export only fixed a few of the layers for me, but when all drawings were set to auto-update, all layers were exported correctly.

Thanks for sharing!

Do you happen to know / Did the support tell you if it's a known bug that GS intends to fix?

@gullymoy wrote:

Annoying for those of us who don't like our drawings to automatically update, but better than millions of layers in dwg export.

+1

ArchiCAD 27 GER / Win10
Intel i9-9900K / 64GB RAM / nVidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Setup info provided by author