Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

MEP13 installation & AC13

Ted Taylor
Contributor
After installing AC13, I downloaded MEP 13 from web and hit all buttons when asked to. When I open AC13 the following dialog box opens-

"All available MEP Modeler licenses are being used, please try to launch Archicad with MEP Modeler later. (503)

MEP Modeler Add-On functions will be disabled.

OK "

It is not "OK" but I hit it anyway and there are no MEP tools.

One Architect, One license, One machine around here, so who is using it? (There is a sly Corgi in the house, but he normally only pulls stunts like this when there is food involved)

Any ideas what step or steps I missed.
Ted Taylor
Atlanta, GA , USA
iMac (Retina 5K, 27", Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 32GB
AMD Radeon R9 M395 2GB
OS10.14.2,
Latest Archicad 22
7 REPLIES 7
Did You update Your key?

If You have the AC licence, MEP licence, Ecodesigner licence...(example) You have to run key update 3 times (example)

Best Regards,
Piotr
Ted Taylor
Contributor
Thanks Piotr,

I had updated key once. After the second time all works.

Ted
Ted Taylor
Atlanta, GA , USA
iMac (Retina 5K, 27", Late 2015)
3.3 GHz Intel Core i5 32GB
AMD Radeon R9 M395 2GB
OS10.14.2,
Latest Archicad 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same issues as Ted. Followed his lead. MEP is now installed. However, when I proceed to use MEP I get a message that I have "no library objects". I go to Library Manager. There is no library available to apply. HELP? What did I miss?

No problems with AC13 or ED installation.

Respectfully,
Greg
Karl Ottenstein
Greg wrote:
I had the same issues as Ted. Followed his lead. MEP is now installed. However, when I proceed to use MEP I get a message that I have "no library objects". I go to Library Manager. There is no library available to apply. HELP? What did I miss?
It is the same in 13 as it was in 12. The MEP library is a 'sister' ('brother'?) library to the ArchiCAD library - in the application folder. You need to load 'MEP Library 13'. If you load the installed MEP Template, the library will be loaded as part of that template.

HTH,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
How do I completely remove the MEP Modeler? A computer with AC13 that used to have a MEP license no longer needs the MEP Modeler and extra objects. I tried deleting the add-on folder with a computer reboot but still get this message:

Sorry ArchiCAD cannot run on this computer.

Problem: ArchiCAD could not be launched because the following add-ons are
missing:
MEP Modeler

In order for ArchiCAD to start, these add-ons must be placed in this folder:
C:\Program Files\Graphisoft\ArchiCAD 13\Add-Ons

In the Add-On Manager, with MEP Modeler selected, the button to Remove selected Add-Ons is shaded and unavailable. Do I have to go as far as reinstalling AC13? Hopefully I am just missing something.

Thanks!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You need to uninstall the MEP Modeler. There is an uninstaller for it either in the Control Panel or within the ArchiCAD application folder.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable

D'oh! It was in the Control Panel all this time. I kept looking at the group of "ArchiCAD" programs and didn't think that it was further down the alphabetical list as "MEP Modeler", thinking it would start with ArchiCAD or something. I guess I did not have enough coffee yesterday.

Anyhow, removing it through the control panel worked. Thanks for at least steering me in the right direction.