Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Multiple Criteria in the Interactive Scheduler

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this possible yet? Has anyone found a way around it?

I have posts and beams in my drawings and I am trying to pull a list of them. So my criteria are:

be an object

named post or
named beam

be on post layers or
be on beams layer

But the scheduler dies on me and starts counting doubles and triples and more. Case in point: I have three posts on my main floor, all showing on 'Own Story Only'. The scheduler registers 6 total posts. The three posts in themselves, and one of the posts registers as an additional three posts all by itself. If I delete the errant post, then one of the other two remaining posts 'picks up the slack' and changes to register as more than one post.

Anyone have an idea on a fix for this? Or am I forced to work around it? I can, I would just prefer not too.
11 REPLIES 11
TomWaltz
Participant
sirduncan wrote:

I have posts and beams in my drawings and I am trying to pull a list of them. So my criteria are:

be an object

named post or
named beam

be on post layers or
be on beams layer

But the scheduler dies on me and starts counting doubles and triples and more. Case in point: I have three posts on my main floor, all showing on 'Own Story Only'. The scheduler registers 6 total posts. The three posts in themselves, and one of the posts registers as an additional three posts all by itself. If I delete the errant post, then one of the other two remaining posts 'picks up the slack' and changes to register as more than one post.

Anyone have an idea on a fix for this? Or am I forced to work around it? I can, I would just prefer not too.
OK, maybe I'm just dumb.... how would multiple criteria solve this?
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom,

I want to output this single list of posts and beams. To get this in a single list, I need to have the five criteria mentioned. There are two different names of objects, and two different layers that these objects on. Without using multiple criteria, I can only output a list of posts and a list of beams. I need them both combined into a single list.
Barry Kelly
sirduncan wrote:

be an object

named post or
named beam

be on post layers or
be on beams layer

What version of Archicad are you using?

I am just trying to do something in V81 and I'm having trouble with the layers and other multiple criterea.

I want to list all doors and windows which I can do fine.
As soon as I try to select only in a certain layer or not in a certain layer I get nothing.
Maybe because technically doors and windows don't have a layer?

If I forget about the layers and say not to select an object with a certain name then that works.
But as soon as I say don't select an object of another name as well the IS ends up listing all doors and windows again.

Beats me why.

Tried exactly the same thing in the demo of 9.0 and it worked fine.

This is the second problem I have found with the V8.1 IS (the other was elevation views of doors/windows not displaying the correct handing of placed objects) that works correctly in V9.0.

Hopefully V10 will be better still - waiting for my license to arrive then its goodbye V8.1 (I hope anyway).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
TomWaltz
Participant
sirduncan wrote:
Tom,

I want to output this single list of posts and beams. To get this in a single list, I need to have the five criteria mentioned. There are two different names of objects, and two different layers that these objects on. Without using multiple criteria, I can only output a list of posts and a list of beams. I need them both combined into a single list.
Oh, I get it. You're not looking for multiple criteria in the "search" part, you want multiple criteria in the "combining like types" part.... that would be nice!
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
With an answer of "that would be nice" I'm gunna guess that youl don't have an answer either eh? :]
Anonymous
Not applicable
sirduncan wrote:
With an answer of "that would be nice" I'm gunna guess that youl don't have an answer either eh? :]
That is an answer, just not a solution

I haven't had the time to check it out yet but the scheduler is improved in 10.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Matthew wrote:

I haven't had the time to check it out yet but the scheduler is improved in 10.
Matthew,
I haven't officially seen the I.S. in version 10 yet but I am fairly certain that it does not do what sirduncan is requesting...

"...I can only output a list of posts and a list of beams. I need them both combined into a single list..."
Aussie John
Newcomer
Maybe not understanding but is this what you are trying to do?
the schedule can total all of the beams and columns.
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Aussie John,

Yes - that is what I want to do. However, if you use the 'list item types only' option, it totally screws up.

I have, just recently, been doing some testing on the 'list all types' option, and so far, I'm finding that it is not crashing - yet. I'll keep playing with it, but also will look forward to the coming of 10.