Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Multiple library part names in Interactive Schedule?

I am trying to create an interactive schedule of objects that will include multiple library part names. However, I don't seem to be able to do this, unless the parts share part of a name. Am I missing something obvious (or subtle)?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
8 REPLIES 8
Erika Epstein
Booster
Would adding the parameter
"Library Part Name"
found under the "General' tab work?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Well, no. I don't want to add the name as a column, I want the pool of listed objects to include several names, even though the displayed parameters will be shared. For example, the light fixture schedule might include "wall sconce.gsm" and "recessed fixture.gsm". But right now, I have to rename objects something like "16500 Wall sconce.gsm" and "16523 Recessed fixture.gsm" to get them on the same schedule, by using a filter of "165..." for the object name.

In other words, I seem to be able to add "LIbrary Part Name" in the "Criteria" section only once. (And once is not enough!) Hope that's clear.
Richard
Erika Epstein
Booster
Sorry, but I am not sure what you are trying to achieve.
I do electrcial lists sorting also by layer and/or pen. Is this of any help?
Can you post a screenshot?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Okay, hope this works.

You can see the criteria for Library Part Name and how I'm getting my lights selected for the schedule now. (These are 2D symbols, not actual Lamps) I would like to add additional object names so they get added to the schedule.
Richard
Erika Epstein
Booster
Richard,
I am sorry, but I am still not understanding what you are trying to do.
Is the schedule you show what you are trying to achieve? If not, how is what you are wanting to do different from the schedule you show?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Okay, Erika, one last attempt.

The schedule FORMAT in the illustration is what I currently have and is what I want. No problem there. However, the Criteria as shown will only select objects starting with the text string "165" (e.g. 16500 Light Fixture.gsm) However, I would like to include other objects, which might start with a different name, IN THE SAME SCHEDULE. I don't know how to be any clearer than this.

Once you pick "LIbrary Part Name" as a Criterion for selecting objects, you don't get to pick it again, at least that I can find. This is the problem.

I can come up with workarounds (like renaming objects), but I am hoping I'm missing something here. Being able to select only one Library Part Name for a schedule is pretty lame.
Richard
Erika Epstein
Booster
slow...but I think I am finally understanding.

Instead of filtering by names that start with '165... use a LAYER as your filter.

Put your 2D lighting symbols on their own layer such as lightsym .rcp. If you have other library parts on this same layer, you could also use a pen as a further filter so you are left with only the lighting symbols you want in schedule.

Then in the schedule I can use the column you titled 'Description' as coming from the library part name. This way you aren't trying to use the name twice and it filters out the non lighting symbol library parts.

Or did I miss something?
HTH
Erika
Architect, Consultant
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

Erika,

This is an excellent suggestion. Thank you. (Also, thanks for hanging in there...)
Richard