Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Plan Output

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I am hoping to make a more professional output of the house plans I make.

My goal is to have the following printed out in a proffesional and consistent format:

1. All four side views
2. Plan view for each floor
3. Interior section/elevation view
4. One or two photo rendered 3D images with background images

I have no problems printing out the above views, but I would like to frame them in a background with a title block and give each drawing a proper header.

I also want to find a way to set this all up so that it is not difficult to repeat for each new set of house drawings I make.

I appreciate any advice or help.

Sincerely,

NXM
2 REPLIES 2
Eduardo Rolon
Read up on Layouts and Layout Masters in "ArchiCAD 12 Reference Guide" page 422.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also, to make the process consistent and repeatable over different projects, have a read up on setting up templates. Have a look in the help files and also do a search on here. It has been discussed many times.

It is also possible to buy a ready-made template and adapt it to your own needs. Have a look at -

http://www.getstandardized.com
http://www.archicadtemplate.com

You may find the above overkill for your own requirements, but I'd say the minimum you need to set up yourself is -

- A decent layering system, including preset layer combinations for different views.

- A couple of different pen sets, one for working on the model, one for printing (black and white)

- Linetypes, hatchs, composites and materials (textures) should be adjusted and added to, to better describe the graphical nature of what you would require to appear on plan and in 3d.

- Think about setting up some common wall, door, and window favorites to allow fast placement and easy and consistent sharing between projects. In fact pretty much everything can be set as a favorite if required.

- As many 'master' layouts as you need, for each paper size you may use. Put your title block on each one. Use autotext linked to the 'project info' to automatically fill in the details.

- Set up some folders in the layout book for different uses each with some blank layouts auto pre-numbered with an assigned master layout. You can quickly drag over views and arrange on each one when necessary.

- Some 'drawing' favorites to be placed on each layout. These can be set up to display scales and drawing titles automatically as well as display a border if necessary.

All of these can be, and should be, updated and added to as you go along, as you will become more experienced about exactly what you need to produce the type of buildings you commonly design.

I've probably forgotten something in the above list, but you get the idea!

Good luck!