Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Scheduling of local variables in GDL Object

derekjackson
Expert
Hi,
I'm severely editing the existing Graphisoft Zone Stamp object to allow a bespoke Masterplanning Zone Stamp (acres, hectares, sq ft, etc).

The code takes the basic
gross_area	= str (area_form, Temp_GrossArea)
line, applies a series of calculations on it and applies the results to various locally defined string variables (area_ft2, area_acre, etc). These are then written on screen as text when required.

We'd like the result to be output to schedules, but it seems schedules only access variables defined in the Parameters list of an object, not those created locally in an object's script. If I pre-define the variables in the Parameters list, they don't update on the fly to be schedulable (or at least, I don't know to make them).

Has anyone encountered this before (and found a solution)?
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Having locally defined parameters in the schedule do not help much.
For some (bug) reason the parameter values do not update and
all the zones have the same area in the parameter field 😞

This has been tested dozens of times from version 10 up to 16.
We urgently need zone areas rounded to 0.5 m2 -> not
possible with schedules by any known means.

I can post a screenshot of how to make parameter schedulable if
you are interested, possibly GS has made some fixes since version 16.
derekjackson
Expert
Thanks, I've happily got it outputting the translated values on the actual stamp - the only issue seems to be scheduling a parameter, so any screenshots would be very helpful!

Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

You can add object parameters from here.

Then find your library, object and the desired parameters.
Parameter01.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Part 2
Parameter02.jpg
derekjackson
Expert
Thanks for making the screengrabs. We'd got that far already - the problem is it only lists variables defined in the Parameter list of the object, not those created locally in the 2D script for calculations.

(And adding in dummy blank variables in the parameter list doesn't seem to help).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

If the parameter is hidden with the check box it will not show in the list.

There are some possible workarounds;
- uncheck/unhide the parameter and save temporarily that way
- hide the parameter programmatically
- make a dummy object with same unhidden parameter and pick the parameter from there
- export the schedule and add the parameter by hand to the XML-file

Hope this helps
Parameter04.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Yes - even if there is a updating parameter in the object, the values do not update in the schelude correctly.

Thanks for making the screengrabs. We'd got that far already - the problem is it only lists variables defined in the Parameter list of the object, not those created locally in the 2D script for calculations.