cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Sequence of a Composite's Skins on a Schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to set up element schedules for each typical wall assembly in a project. Each assembly uses a different composite, so it's easy to set the schedule fields to display the desired composite (see 1st screenshot), and to get the skins of that composite to show up in the schedule. It's also pretty easy to arrange the display of these skins sequentially, by checking "Keep Components together..." in the Fields dialog (also in 1st screenshot). The skins show up in order from interior to exterior of the wall (see 2nd screenshot).

(For the record: Alternatively, another approach that works is to (a) Use the Criteria dialog to select a single Composite, (b) Set the Building Material Name column as the first one in the schedule, and (c) Leave the [ascending order/descending order/undefined] box under Schedule Fields set to undefined.)

Here's the hard part: I want to see the skins in sequence starting from the exterior of the wall and proceeding inward, which in my opinion is closer to an industry standard than the way ArchiCAD seems to want to show it to me. My composites are defined starting with the exterior skin of the wall and ending with the interior (see 3rd screenshot), so AC does know that the outside of the wall really is the outside.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
See attached image.

I added a Custom Text to the Schedule. Then I entered numbers for the various skins of the composite. 1 for the outermost and higher numbers for skins closer to the inside. Then I sorted the Schedule by this field as shown by the downward pointing arrow icon in the row of this parameter.

You can even rename its header row in the Schedule to soemthing else (like e.g. Order from Outside).
IS-Sorting.png
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for taking the time to look into this.

I guess I'll have to balance having the skins show in the sequence I prefer against the low-maintenance aspect of having them show the way ArchiCAD prefers. I like to let the app do as much as possible, so I think I know which way this decision will go for me.

Thanks again!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I created a wish that could help solve such situations. Support it if you would like it implemented:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Wishes-forum/Hidden-Fields-in-Schedules/td-p/138387?t=45133

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27