Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Text in DWG - formatting problems

Patrick M
Advisor

Does anyone have any solutions/recommendations for archicad exporting to DWG and large text box formatting issues? So far, all I've been able to do is copy/paste them into word or save a pdf and ask consultants to import or retype on their end (not ideal on either side of the exchange).

Maybe a wish forum post: save layout to txt or save selection as txt?

Text in Archicad:

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 9.36.23 PM.png

  

Same text in AutoCAD:

Screenshot 2024-06-11 at 9.36.53 PM.png

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
2 REPLIES 2
Matyas Csapo
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi,

DXF-DWG text formatting is known to have problems unfortunately, but I wonder how exactly did you create these columns?

There is no direct column formatting support in Archicad Text elements like in Word for example.

If you attached a sample file it would be easier to understand your issue.

Could you detail your idea for "save layout to txt or save selection as txt"?

Sounds like a very specific case where this could be used, but perhaps something that fits in an Add-on.

Technical Support can contact developers for you and they will enter bugs into their database to possible fix in some later update.

I suggest contacting them with specifics, but they will need the sample files as well.

Regards,

Mátyás

Software Engineer
Graphisoft

@Matyas Csapo wrote:

but I wonder how exactly did you create these columns?

There is no direct column formatting support in Archicad Text elements like in Word for example.

You can create TAB positions in the text editor.

BarryKelly_0-1718866532236.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11