Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Wall Key - Material Merge help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I am trying to create a simple wall key which schedules all of the wall types in the job showing the composites with the building materials and thicknesses.
When I merge uniform items in the schedule so the walls appear once, it merges the building materials also. The result in this is walls with two materials of the same merge. For example walls with two layers of plasterboard merge into one layer.
Any suggestions of what I'm doing wrong!?

One work around is to name the plasterboard layers as follows to prevent them merging...
'Plasterboard side 1'
'Plasterboard side 2'

This is not a good workaround!

Images Below to explain;
5 REPLIES 5
Marc H
Advisor
Interesting question - I looked into the scheme settings; there are additional fields under 'Wall' which may prove useful - they are specific to the inside and outside skins (e.g., "Wall Skin Thickness on the Outside Face"). Maybe that will provide the value or at least a way to break out one skin from the other in the scheme settings without requiring a workaround.
“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
chris_stow wrote:
I am trying to create a simple wall key which schedules all of the wall types in the job showing the composites with the building materials and thicknesses...
Something like this? For my wall key/legend I draw one of each kind of wall for the project and put them on a seperate layer - Wall Types.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, thanks for the reply

Yes that is the sort of thing I had in mind. It would be great if you could so this in a schedule (Annotate the dimensions but also add labels to the wall views in the schedule.

Is this a manual schedule (have you drawn the boxes etc?)

Your method looks good - thanks,

Chris
Anonymous
Not applicable
Marc wrote:
Interesting question - I looked into the scheme settings; there are additional fields under 'Wall' which may prove useful - they are specific to the inside and outside skins (e.g., "Wall Skin Thickness on the Outside Face"). Maybe that will provide the value or at least a way to break out one skin from the other in the scheme settings without requiring a workaround.
Hi - thanks for the reply...

That is a good call, I will have a look and see if this can help in the schedule - many thanks
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
If you are drawing the legend on seperate layer already, you can just add the layer to the filter. As long as you only draw one of each wall on that layer, you do not need to merge identical.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5