Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Why no Acrobat 3D?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Anyone have any idea why ArchiCAD is not on the list of software for the new Adobe Acrobat 3D??

Dan C
6 REPLIES 6
TomWaltz
Participant
Adobe has stated that Acrobat 3D was geared toward manufacturing more than the AEC industry.

It was released Windows only and in just 5 languages (not to mention the $1000 USD price tag).

It sounds to me like Adobe is more to blame than Graphisoft.
Tom Waltz
David Collins
Advocate
Can someone explain Acrobat 3d to me? I've just spent an hour on the Adobe website and I came out dumber than I was when I went in, something of an accomplishment.

Specifically, are they dumping support for QuickTimeVR in favor of U3d? Or are they just keeping quiet about QuicktimeVR so no one will realize that you don't need Acrobat 3d to imbed a 3d object? I can't find any mention QTVR anywhere on the site now.
David Collins

Win10 64bit Intel i7 6700 3.40 Ghz, 32 Gb RAM, GeForce RTX 3070
AC 27.0 (4001 INT FULL)
TomWaltz
Participant
QTVR still has some limits on how you can move around the model. My understanding is that Adobe 3D would be more like being able to navigate a fully rendered model....

I don't know, I'm not that excited about it.
Tom Waltz
giza
Booster
Hi people,

i think this link can help you little in understeanding 3d pdf

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat3d/main.html

i hope new archicad will support this new feature of adobe,

also check other softwares supporting 3d pdf in this link:

http://www.archibase.net/articles/1634.html
Gezim Radoniqi | Architect | BIM Manager @ 4MGroup
ArchiCAD user since version 6
AMD Ryzen 3950X CPU, 64 GB RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12GB
David Pacifico
Booster
I would think we would be able to do this by doing a print screen from the openGL 3D window and paste in to Acrobat 7, but I'm not having any luck.

I can see how to bring in a U3D file, but I'm not sure how to make a U3D file from AC. I'm able to bring in a Movie file which is nice, but... I seem to missing something when it comes to Acrobat 3D.
David Pacifico, RA

AC27 iMac i9, 32 gig Ram, 8 gig video Ram
stefan
Advisor
I have tried the Acrobat 3D demo with ArchiCAD. It seems to work more or less.

My test setup was to install the demo (30 days) inside Virtual PC to not mess with my existing installed Acrobat software. Then I installed ArchiCAD (8.0, IIRC, since it had to live inside a virtual PC) and it worked from the first try.

Try to enable the OpenGL engine inside ArchiCAD and follow the instructions.

You can import 3D models into Acrobat 3D too.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book