cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

dwg export from layout mode with multiple drawings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone have any experience on how to control an AutoCAD problem with and original ArchiCAD models' coordinates in layout mode (multiple drawings placed in the AC layout)?

When the AutoCAD user opens up the dwg in model mode the original coordinate does not match up with the ArchiCAD models' x- y coordinates. What shall the AC user set /do to eliminate this AutoCAD users' problem in AC 11 when exporting DWG from layout mode?
There are of course no problems with the coordinates when exporting from model view in AC.

I'v tried to figure out the problem with several tests of placing drawings in different orders in 2 separate layouts.
Exporting them with different Translator options etc

... but since I'm using a Mac I can't switch to AutoCAD model view mode to se what is happening in the freeware e-Drawing.

Anybody have a good solution to the problem?
3 REPLIES 3
Thomas Holm
Booster
Susanne,

I think the only way to preserve the Model's coordinates when you Save as DWG from an Archicad' Layout would be to use this option:
Save Layout into:
- Paper Space with Full Drawings’ content:
and then
Place Drawings into:
- Linked XREF drawings.

This option should recreate Archicad's layout hierarchy in Autocad, the linked xrefs should be identical to if you'd saved your model views individually as Model Space DWGs, on this condition ( I cite the Help file):
Note: Drawings will be placed in model space only if their source file is an ArchiCAD model view (e.g. floor plan, section, detail) and its Drawing status (in ArchiCAD Drawing Manager) is “OK” before the Save takes place. Drawings with status other than “OK” will be placed in paper space as flattened drawings. To obtain editable output, always update any outdated Drawings before saving or publishing the file.
Please note that I haven't tested this. There might be bugs!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Agreed Thomas...

If you select "place cropped drawings into model space" it will have no choice but to put multiple drawings "anywhere" in the model space.

Creating X-ref drawings should work just fine.

Then, on the AutoCAD side of things, there will be MULTIPLE files for your consultant to look at. Each one should be properly oriented.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanx Thomas and Duane,

I'll try it tomorrow on a PC when I get back to the office and see if it works.

I was at the clients' office today and got their translator settings etc. to see if I can locate their problem.
It seems like the very same dwg is sent out to the consults from layout mode the very first time and then it goes back and forth between AC and AutoCAD in model view after that - which is how they have noticed the problem with the x and y coordinate. Of course they want the coordinate to be correct (absolute) even from layout mode ....

I'll get back with the results