cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
License Delivery maintenance is expected to occur on Saturday, October 19, between 4 and 6 PM CEST. This may cause a short 60-minute outage in which license-related tasks: license key upload, download, update, SSA validation, access to the license pool may not function properly. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

old Autocad 2D symbols to objects to schedules.

Tom Krowka
Enthusiast
The title pretty much describes my question. We're working with a landscape architect that wants us to use all her old 2d Autocad symbols, save them as objects, then be able to schedule them. We thought about using various Archicad symbols, but there are many more than we could generate.

I can explode them, save as an Archicad object with the appropriate name. However, I can't seem to find the appropriate name anywhere in the schedule criteria that would allow the schedule to pick up the symbol.

That's probably too simple. How can I give a name value to the object (other than the object name when I save the object) so the schedule will pick it up.

Thanks, Tom .
AC 21.
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
2 REPLIES 2
ID and Layer

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
ID and Layer as Steve said

or

you can open each type object with crtl+shift+O and in the parameters tab create a new text parameter. Have the parameter name the same for all the objects and the content of the parameter to be different for each type.
You can add this parameter to the schedule.