BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

BeamMaker

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know it's only just been released, but has anyone bought / had a try of BeamMaker 1.0 which is being sold on Objects Online? Any comments on what it's like?
8 REPLIES 8
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Ray,

indeed BM has got released yesterday, I have finished testing it a week ago.
if you need more info just send me your email & questions to my forum email. Hopefully I will answer all of them.
::rk
Red
Advocate
Is there an object out there that includes Glu-lams?
Thanks,
Red
i7 8700k
ROG Strix Z390-E MoBo
64gb RAM
EVGA GeForce GTX 2080
Not applicable
I just bought beamaker. Very nice, especially the way you can show the cut section in plan by setting a "plan" level (sorry for the English terminology)
But I think Rob, you should add a hatch for the cut section, so we can represent it correctly (actually there is no difference between the cut section and the part "viewed" below the cut plan).
Or did I miss same setting
Beammaker.jpg
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Philippe,

you're right. It should be there but it's a bit more complicated as I have expected. Understand, there are two problems: firstly, the problem to calculate the position and the shape(!!!) of the section fill, secondly the [project2] command (which is responsible for 2D representation) has got it's limitations at fills and hatches. I will have a look and see what I can do.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Rob
Let's harass GS, they should buy your beam as a basic tool (isn't it?)
I know, the wish list...
In the meantime, I'll go for a patch (who said as usual? )
Anonymous
Not applicable
How is beammaker going with AC10?
I did not find it anymore into the object online. I bought it for 9.
In one hand, the profiled tool for beams and columns replace it but there is no collection of standard profiles (and no hierarchy inside the profile menu).
In the other hand, GS put a collection of steel objects but they do not have the flexibility and accurate plan representation of beams and columns (and beammaker, except the cut pen and fill, see below)
What's you choice, especially for inclined and rotated beams?
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Philippe,

FYI
the beamaker has got sold to Graphisoft Australia so it's out of my hands. However I have ported all profiles to the Profile Manager in AC10 but with Australian designation numbers only so that would be no use for you either.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rob wrote:
Philippe,

FYI
the beamaker has got sold to Graphisoft Australia so it's out of my hands. However I have ported all profiles to the Profile Manager in AC10 but with Australian designation numbers only so that would be no use for you either.
rest of the world
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!