BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Cinerender render windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, just wondering as I havnt seen this discussed anywhere before, when you render a cinerender scene, the render appears in a window. Where does this window/render reside in Archicad?? If I make several renders, when can i go back and find them?

I know I can look under the Window menu but as I understand it this is more like a recent history, The renders dont appear in the navigator.
4 REPLIES 4
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
strawbale:

The renders are not Views or Viewpoints, they are separate images that can be Saved As... in a choice of file formats, then placed on Layouts (or used elsewhere). This is the same as for the Internal Rendering Engine and the previous LightWorks renders.

If you are on AC18, you should update your signature.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply. Ive noticed that if during a session I have made several renders, at the end of the session when I close AC, it will prompt me to save these renders, and then will present me with these renders that I have previously made, showing them to me one by one with the option to save or discard them.So Im guessing they must exist somewhere in my workspace, but I dont know where.
Anonymous
Not applicable
When you render a view it opens a new render window called Picture # 1. When the render is complete you can save the image. If you don't close the render window (eg. just click on another visible window in your project) the next render will open a new window and be called Picture # 2, and so on. If you close the first render window and do another it will start back at Picture # 1. So you can have many render windows open in the background if you don't close them. If you go to the Window menu you will see any open render windows listed there.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah OK, So the Window menu will show any render pictures that I have open. I wasn't sure, I though tit might only show recently viewed windows, ad some renders might fall off the end...

This was the answer I was looking for. As long as I can keep track of any renders I have made but not saved

Thanks
Learn and get certified!