BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Composites and Rect opening obj - leaving reveal in walls?

rob2218
Enthusiast
the "Rectangular Door Opening 18" which is what I'm using to create a "wrap-around" drywall opening effect is leaving a small 5/8" deep reveal in the composite wall in 3D. In 2D, the opening "looks" right other than the fact that I have to grab it from it's grips 5/8" in from the face of the drywall. In 3D, if I bump out the Rectangular Opening 18 object 5/8" from the wall face, it will look incorrect in 2D yet in 3D it will read properly? Why can't i have the rectangular opening 18 object look right in 2D and 3D?
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
6 REPLIES 6
DGSketcher
Legend
There is a little tick box in the reveal settings marked show in 3D. That may be your problem if it is off? Took me a while to find it.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
rob2218
Enthusiast
ok...I'll try anything at this point.
thank you.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
wait...just re-read your response. Thing is I don't have any reveals. I don't want to "see" any reveals...in my walls. It appears that this "Rectangular Opening 18" object has this closure parameter that when I use a closure type wrap around, it looks fine in plan, but in 3D it's got that reveal? dunno.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
DGSketcher
Legend
Your jpg above has the "show in 3d" box unticked. I have the same arrangement on plan, with this ticked and with matching surface materials everything 2D & 3D is as it should be.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
rob2218
Enthusiast
DGSketcher!....you're a "Guiness" (and I owe you one too).
Amazing...that was it.
Now, why the F*&%! this toggle even exists or is not set OUT OF THE BOX as "ON" is beyond me. Why would there be a need to NOT show something 2D that isn't represented in 3D? I have not a clue......but I thank you from the bottom of me heart for having pointed me to "the light".....thank you.
DGSketcher wrote:
Your jpg above has the "show in 3d" box unticked. I have the same arrangement on plan, with this ticked and with matching surface materials everything 2D & 3D is as it should be.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
DGSketcher
Legend
Glad you got it sorted!
Learn and get certified!