BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Custom Sliding Shutters??

Anonymous
Not applicable
I m using a simple double door with a sliding shutter. Problem is that there is no option to turn off the guide or use a custom one. Can i modify the GDL script?
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
papsphilip wrote:
Can i modify the GDL script?

Possibly, but only if you are proficient in GDL scripting.
Graphisoft window objects do not have the easiest scripts to follow.
So if you don't know what you are doing, I probably would not try.

I am guessing that if you are asking if this can be done, it is not something that you will want to attempt.
I know it is something I would not want to try and I have been scripting for nearly 20 years.

But my advise if you do want to try is to 'Save As' the window as a new object with a new name, so you do not destroy the original.
The same applies to any macros that are CALLed in the scripts if you need to alter them.
Save them with a new name and amend the CALL statement to the new name.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
papsphilip wrote:
Can i modify the GDL script?

Possibly, but only if you are proficient in GDL scripting.
Graphisoft window objects do not have the easiest scripts to follow.
So if you don't know what you are doing, I probably would not try.

I am guessing that if you are asking if this can be done, it is not something that you will want to attempt.
I know it is something I would not want to try and I have been scripting for nearly 20 years.

But my advise if you do want to try is to 'Save As' the window as a new object with a new name, so you do not destroy the original.
The same applies to any macros that are CALLed in the scripts if you need to alter them.
Save them with a new name and amend the CALL statement to the new name.

Barry.
i dont have your scripting experience but i thought maybe i can add a simple toggle to turn off those shutter guides. Problem is that i shift ctrl open the window and save as a new one, but the 3d script and everything else in there are empty!!! except for the parameters from which many of them are greyed out.
Lingwisyer
Guru
That has to do with the Call command. Most of the code is written within macros, including those parameters. Creating a toggle itself might be easy, but the issue is finding where the rail is drawn and modifying anything that is dependent on that section of code.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!