BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

Customize Info Box, Decription/Notes

Strawbale23
Expert

Hi,

Is there any way to add the Description info to the workspace Info Box, specifically Notes/Remarks?

I want to be able to add notes and remarks directly into the work space Info Box, without having to go into the objects info settings.

Thanks 

AC26
https://www.zendsign.fr/
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

I don't have Archicad in front of me at the moment to test anything.

Are you opening the schedule from the Project Map or the view map>

Try the Project map - make sure what you want to change is visible on plan and then open the schedule from the Project Map.

That should open the schedule with the same settings as your plan - i.e. if you can edit it in the plan, you should be able to edit it in the schedule.

When you open a schedule from the View Map, it has its own settings, and this may be preventing you from editing the elements.

There are 2 buttons at the top of the schedule settings - select in 2D and select in 3D.

Are these greyed out by any chance?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Barry Kelly

If it is an object parameter you are trying to amend, then you have to open the object settings.

If you have Properties set up to allow you to add notes, then you can edit those directly from the info box.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Thanks Barry. I ended up using the IFC Description tag , as this can be added to the Info Box tool bar as well as to Schedules.

Can you tell me if there is a way to input written info directly into a schedule that will then be added to he object or window/Door?

At the moment I add the Description text to a Door/Window in the info box and this shows in the schedule, but wondering if there is a way to to input directly into the schedule, as an alternative to using the info box? I see you can do it with Stories.

AC26

@Strawbale23 wrote:

Can you tell me if there is a way to input written info directly into a schedule that will then be added to he object or window/Door?

I have never tried with IFC properties.

But with regular properties it works just fine.

Change their values in the schedule, and the object changes as well.

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Thanks Barry, I just tried again and now its working. Yesterday I tried clicking on the text in the schedule and it wouldn't do anything. Now all of a sudden I can edit the text in the schedule.

AC26

I have just realized that out of the 4 window and door schedules that I have set up, only one of them will allow me to click on the Description text and edit it directly in the schedule. They are all identical in setup and so I do not understand why this is happening. I have tried different settings but nothing will allow me to select and edit the text in the schedule.

Do you know what would be locking this attribute from being edited in the schedule??

Thanks

AC26
Solution

I don't have Archicad in front of me at the moment to test anything.

Are you opening the schedule from the Project Map or the view map>

Try the Project map - make sure what you want to change is visible on plan and then open the schedule from the Project Map.

That should open the schedule with the same settings as your plan - i.e. if you can edit it in the plan, you should be able to edit it in the schedule.

When you open a schedule from the View Map, it has its own settings, and this may be preventing you from editing the elements.

There are 2 buttons at the top of the schedule settings - select in 2D and select in 3D.

Are these greyed out by any chance?

Barry.

Versions 6.5 to 27

Playing around some more and it is indeed layer settings problem. I saw the small alert in the corner that the object was on a hidden/locked layer.

I wish alerts like this could be in red text , rather than getting lost in the grey UI.

Thanks for all your help Barry, very much appreciated.

AC26
Learn and get certified!