Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Editable, angled empty opening

Anonymous
Not applicable
I need an empty opening where the contour wall sare not 90 degree to the reference line. In 3D it is clear that I am defining the direction vector of the polyline.
But in 2D I have problems. If I am just projecting it, it will be rectangular (90 degree) by default.
When I was defining it with wallhole2 the result is no opening at all...somebody could help me with that command?
3 REPLIES 3
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
wallhole2 is basically a simple 2D polygon - like poly2_b. Try to script the geometry using a poly2_b, then change it to wallhole2.

Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is clear that I need to defining the 2D polygon of the whole. But something is just not perfect, maybe the masking or I don't know...actually I have already tried out with every variation of the fill_control and there was no effect

my 2D script:
WALLHOLE2 5, 98, fp, fbp, fx, fy, fa,
a/2,0,0,
a/2+p, t, 0,
-a/2+p, t,0,
-a/2, 0, 0,
a/2, 0, -1

where 98 is the fill_control
fp, fbp, fx, fy, fa the other parameters of the fill, ldefined in the parameters
the points of the polygon are parametrical and that would like to be a trapez. (rombusz magyarul...ha mar en is az vagyok )....
if I am right this new definied polygon should be appeared in 2D, isn't it?
ztaskai
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Your script works like a charm for me - with negative t values. Although it isn't a rhombus but a parallelogram. I'm not sure about your purpose with the fill_control, but for displaying the fill you only need the '2' bit, most simply the value of 2.

I guess you tried it with some background colored fill and you didn't see that your fill is outside of the wall.

And thank you for supporting my point that many GDL developers understand Hungarian and not exclusively in Hungary 🙂

Regards,
Zsolt
Zsolt Táskai
ArchiCAD Development - GDL Team
AC13, AC14 and upwards...