Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How should I do curbs?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor

Hi,

I've created a curbs by using a complex profile and a custom linetype. First of all it works in 3D but the 2D is not being friendly. Basically I have a curbs section I pasted into a complex profile. I want different line types on the different sides of the curb to indicate which side is which. Therefore i created a special line type with a hotspot offset. You can see everything in the vid. If you have any other suggestion I'm happy to listen :).

And yes I want it in 3D 🙂

https://youtu.be/dU2X6LIwRlA

Br,

Mats

AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
14 REPLIES 14

QUOTE "and what is shown where... I separated the part above ground into "toprail", the foundation into "handrail", etc..."

Did you attach something? I haven't developed love with new forum UI so I might have missed it... (UI is maybe the wrong name...BUI is more accurate...Bad User Interface....)

AC 25 SWE Full

Djordje
Ace

😄

No, I have not attached anything

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

Haha ok.

Maybe it is MBU =  Mats Bad User...

I don't think that even the most elaborate fiddeling with the railing can give a simple solid line on one side and a simple dashed at the other. We'll need to do it with beams regardless of the annoying bug.

AC 25 SWE Full

Djordje
Ace

I am usually showing double solid line for the kerb outline and dashed for the foundation... don't see why you need solid on one side and dashed on another, but hey, you have your reasons, I am sure! 🙂

Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

Yep...valid reasons... standards unfortunately...

AC 25 SWE Full