BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

How to create a Non-printable layer

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I have made a search but could not find any topic fort his:

How do I create a non-printable layer?

Up to now I have been hiding layers that I do not want to print.

Any help would be much appreciated.
11 REPLIES 11
Rick Thompson
Expert
This is a good use for quickviews. Make print views, and work views with appropriate layer combinations... save each as Quickviews.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
In addition to the quickviews tip. I like to use layer extensions (.NPLT for example) because you can sort the Layers window by extensions, makes it really easy to see what's on and off especially if you start using a lot of layers.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rick wrote:
This is a good use for quickviews. Make print views, and work views with appropriate layer combinations... save each as Quickviews.
Thanks 4 Ur reply.

That's what I am doing actually. But sometimes I would like to see some construction lines on the screen and not during printing.

Isn't really no way of creating our own non-printable layer?
Anonymous
Not applicable
You could put the construction lines on the lowest story of the plan and use it at the ghost. or you could have the layer turned on with the construction lines on it and then in the navigator set up a view with that layer off. it will save this info and allow you to print without the construction lines
TomWaltz
Participant
oops2 wrote:
Rick wrote:
Thanks 4 Ur reply.

That's what I am doing actually. But sometimes I would like to see some construction lines on the screen and not during printing.

Isn't really no way of creating our own non-printable layer?
No. If it's on, it prints. If it's off, it doesn't. You cannot assign color or linetype by layer either ;;-)
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I suppose you could draw your guidelines in ArchiCAD with a unique pen, and then set the color of that pen in Plotmaker to white.

This would work if your guidelines were always "below" other drawn elements. It would drive you nuts if the guidelines were above, and left white streaks across your elements drawn in black.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well it would seem that one cannot create a non-printable layer.

Anyway thaks to all those who replied to this thread and if anyone got a trick it would be much appreciated.

Oops2
Anonymous
Not applicable
oops2 wrote:
Well it would seem that one cannot create a non-printable layer.

Anyway thaks to all those who replied to this thread and if anyone got a trick it would be much appreciated.

Oops2
Ooop2,
This sounds like it might be a good candidate for the wish list. If you haven't already, you might consider posting it with an explainaation as to why you feel like it would be useful.

Dan K
Anonymous
Not applicable
can't you turn layers on and off within plotmaker. leave layer on within ac and when you go to plot within pm, switch the layer off you don't want to print.
Learn and get certified!