Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

How to select a part of the Kitchen Layout 21 once placed on a plan?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Newbie question.
I just placed the Kitchen Layout 21 from the library onto my floor plan.
It comes in like a group of items.
I’m not able to select an individual cabinet and manipulate it.
I’ve tried unlocking, ungrouping to no avail.
What am I missing?
(I’m sure i’ll be embarrassed once somebody points out the secret, but for now I’m perplexed)
7 REPLIES 7
Lingwisyer
Guru
You cannot "ungroup" it. There should be some pink nodes on the back side of each of the parts that allows you to manipulate them in terms of width and position. Are you missing these nodes? All other settings need to be made through the settings dialogue.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes I see the pink nodes and I can resize the individual cabinets and sometimes I can even drag them inline with the cabinets but I can’t move them off the axes.
If you know what I mean.

There isn’t a way to “break” a cabinet or appliance off and move it to a different location in the kitchen?
Or rotate the item?...
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok I think I get what you mean.

It is an object and can only be configured through the object settings with whatever parameters where set up in there.

I thought it was some grouping of individual cabinets and I was trying to figure out what magic key combination would ungroup them.

Thanks for responding.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Except for the fridge and tall cabinet, the parts of the Kitchen Layout are designed to fit onto the bench and not stand alone. For the same reason, they cannot be manually rotated and will face outward from which ever cabinet axis they are on. If you are wanting more customisation, there are individual objects within the Appliances and Kitchen Cabinets folder trees.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Titiriga
Contributor
Is there a way to select/replace the line type of the suspended cabinet in this object?
Thank you
Barry Kelly
Titiriga wrote:
Is there a way to select/replace the line type of the suspended cabinet in this object?
Thank you

Not that I can see.
I don't see any line type control at all.
You can override ALL of the object's lines though.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Are you saying that only the refrigerator can't rotate?

AC27 on window 11