BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Lineweights & 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Again, I'm revisiting this issue. 3D is great, but not having control of lineweights like you can with 2D work is frustrating.

I'm sure others out there deal with this??? I got no replies last time.

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=37736&highlight=lineweights
6 REPLIES 6
Mjules
Mentor
Hi Steven,

You are right. I have experienced this kind of issues in 2D window since the last week. Lineweights are not under control on the screen. However, they are correct in printing...
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm talking about how you only have one control for how elements look in the elevation window (the "uncut element pen"). See my examples from the previous post. If I make a complex eave profile, the entire profile can only have one pen (uncut) assigned to it, so the entire element reads as one lineweight. Traditionally, the outer edge of an element is darker. You cannot control this.
DaveOlufs
Participant
I hope to get answer to what I think is a similar problem. When setting up walls in various layouts, one line of the wall is dark, the other light. I can't seem to change this, no matter what model view option I select or modify.

See attached screen shot...
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
Anonymous
Not applicable
This is not similar.

You must have the option "true line weight" under "view" "on screen view options" checked on. This is showing that the outer lines of the wall are darker than the skin separator lines (which is as it should be). The lighter lines are not the reference lines, there can be only one reference line. They are skin separator lines showing different materials in the wall composite.

To change this, you go into the wall composite and change the pen of the individual lines. Though, you may not want to do this, the outer lines should be darker.

That is my opinion from the screenshot you have shown.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steven wrote:
there can be only one reference line
Insert "Highlander" joke here..
DaveOlufs
Participant
Thanks for the response on a non-similar topic...
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
Learn and get certified!