Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Morph training

KeesW
Advocate
I am following the instructions in Archicad Training Series volume 2 Conceptual Design and am stuck on the page 9 - only the second page of the tutorial! After creating the 40000x28000x1000 morph base, I am supposed to draw a snap guide from the bottom left corner on top of this first box. When I do this I am drawing another morph box, and not a blue dotted line as per the tutorial. What am I doing wrong? Is there a step missing in the tutorial?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Make sure you hover over the corner & allow the blue circle to finish before you type in the value.
Rogerdodge wrote:
Make sure you hover over the corner & allow the blue circle to finish before you type in the value.
It's also worth noting that you can speed up the appearance of the circle by typing "Q".
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
KeesW
Advocate
I have tried hovering and using 'Q' but still aren't getting the blue circle and line. Is there a setting I need to switch on to make this happen?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Kees:

A few things to check:
Are Snap Guides and Snap Guides and Points turned on (these are On Screen Display Options)?
In Work Environment > User Preference Schemes > Input Constraints and Guides > Highlight as snap reference after: is this set to a high number of seconds?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14