Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Override for pen width?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to create an override to show all pen's at 0.13mm?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Barry Kelly
Mike wrote:
The hairline setting mentioned, is that in the print dialog when actually printing a drawing, or is it in the publisher settings?
Both.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
No you can't override all pens to be just one thickness with the graphic overrides.
You can only force all filtered elements to use a particular pen.

What you can do though is just to duplicate your pen set.
Then change all the pens to 0.13mm - leaving the colours as they are if you wish - or you can change those too.

Now when ever you want to use those pens, you just change the view settings to use that particular pen set.
You can duplicate your views as well so you have one using the standard pen set and the other using the new pen set.

Or I just set the pen set in the drawing settings as you place the drawings on the layouts, so they use the pen set you want.
No need to duplicate views then.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
DGSketcher
Legend
Just to cover all bases, in case you weren't aware, the on screen view options in the top menus will let you switch between hair line and true line weight on screen. This doesn't translate to printed output though.

I do use the G.O. option a lot with a single pen set. With G.O.s you can quickly and consistently change the appearance of your drawing without having to mess about trying to coordinate 248 pens and the elements using them, including the ones that someone has customised... G.O.s need a little time to learn what you can do, but definitely a good investment.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
runxel
Legend
DGSketcher wrote:
Just to cover all bases, in case you weren't aware, the on screen view options in the top menus will let you switch between hair line and true line weight on screen. This doesn't translate to printed output though.
Well FWIW there is a hairline option for print in the print dialog – and PDF as well, if I remember correctly.
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, everyone....

I duplicated a pen set and have been going through stroke widths to use in views.

My GO creations need some work.

I use the true line weight to see how printing will actually appear, and in most cases, most lines look too chunky.

The hairline setting mentioned, is that in the print dialog when actually printing a drawing, or is it in the publisher settings?
Solution
Barry Kelly
Mike wrote:
Both.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27