BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Partial Structure Display

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been trying to apply the partial structure display to my project but nothing changes when I select it,
Please help cannot find any useful resources explaining how to use it!?
5 REPLIES 5
NandoMogollon
Advocate
Hi there,

Partial Structure Display is used to hide the Finishes and non-Core portions of the construction elements ( Walls, Slabs, etc...) in a given view.

In order to be effective, your construction elements (model elements) must have a Composite structure in which some of the material shave been classified as Core, Finish or non-Core.

Hope this gives you a better idea.
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Using, Archicad Latest AU and INT. Revit Latest (have to keep comparing notes)
More and more... IFC.js, IFCOpenShell
All things Solibri and BIMCollab
Anonymous
Not applicable
"NandoMogollon" wrote:
Hi there,

Partial Structure Display is used to hide the Finishes and non-Core portions of the construction elements ( Walls, Slabs, etc...) in a given view.

In order to be effective, your construction elements (model elements) must have a Composite structure in which some of the material shave been classified as Core, Finish or non-Core.

Hope this gives you a better idea.

i have given the walls, slabs, roof etc all composite editing and applied core, finish and other settings but still nothing change in the 3d window?
NandoMogollon
Advocate
Hi

Check your current View settings, Partial Structure Display is view specific.

Here is the link from the wiki page:
www.archicadwiki.com/Partial%20Structure%20Display

I don't know why it doesn't work for you. You only need to have Core, non Core and Finish materials applied to the model elements you have.

Cheers
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi thanks for your help so far,
i think the problem is how im setting up the view settings i am very confused by them is there a basis that it should work from?
thanks again
NandoMogollon
Advocate
sure.
Now, I don't know how much do you know, so please bear with me if I say/repeat something you already know.

In order to set up the Content and the Graphic representation of your views, you need to work with the Navigator. ( Similar to the Browser - only better- if come from the Revit world).

The first two "tabs"are the Project Map and the View Map.

In the Project Map you will find all view-points existing in the file, classified by type (plan, section, etc...) You can see those viewpoints at any time with any Content and Graphic style. Once you are happy with the content and graphics ( including the Partial Structure Display options) you save that Particular viewpoint as a View----- in the View Map.

Once in the View Map, you can create folders, reorganize your views your way, and even change the name o them. The principle her is that from One original Viewpoint, you can have many Views with different Settings. ( think as dependent views in Revit)

Once you get the idea, you can also explore Cloning views... great time saver.

How do you Set Up the views?
Check two things:
1- Menu/Windows/Palettes/Quick Options

This little palette gives you access to quick changes in the content and graphics on your current window/view. But doesn't changes the settings on the view.

2- View Settings, either left clicking on the views in the View Map, or selecting the view and then click on settings at the bottom of the View Map ( Properties drop down)

Be aware that it is always better to have named, layer combinations, model view options etc... so you can re use them; but sometimes is easier to click on the "Get current window settings" to save the view as is in your current window.

Check Jared Banks Blog "Shoegnome"
Here is a link to a post talking about this and related things...
http://www.shoegnome.com/2013/03/28/the-organizer-aka-the-navigators-big-brother/

Hope this helps.

Regards
Nando Mogollon
Director @ BuilDigital
nando@buildigital.com.au
Learn and get certified!