Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Partial structure display Snap

zgeorgievg
Participant

Hello everyone,

I wonder if there is a way when using Partial structure display - without finishes/core only option that your cursor doesn't snap to hidden skins of a composite wall e.g.

Thanks.

AC25 int, Win10 64bit
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

it might depend on your dimension settings & what it's set to (Outer Faces / Core Faces / Ref Lines)

screenshot below for 3 partial structure display views using Outer Faces in the dimensions. it only dimensions to the outer faces of whatever is shown in the Partial Structure Display.

GerryLeonor_0-1645665013556.png

the Core Faces & Ref Lines to the Dimension settings can still be useful if, say, you need to do wall setouts combined with a Finishes Plan, where you need to show all parts of a composite, which get called up in by labels, but also dimension the stud setouts & completely ignoring finish lining depths.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Gerry Leonor
Advisor

it might depend on your dimension settings & what it's set to (Outer Faces / Core Faces / Ref Lines)

screenshot below for 3 partial structure display views using Outer Faces in the dimensions. it only dimensions to the outer faces of whatever is shown in the Partial Structure Display.

GerryLeonor_0-1645665013556.png

the Core Faces & Ref Lines to the Dimension settings can still be useful if, say, you need to do wall setouts combined with a Finishes Plan, where you need to show all parts of a composite, which get called up in by labels, but also dimension the stud setouts & completely ignoring finish lining depths.

AC25 | Win10 | 64 bit | 16Gb RAM |Intel i7 8700 @ 3.20Ghz

come join our unofficial Discord server
https://discord.gg/XGHjyvutt8
zgeorgievg
Participant

Thank you, it was a reference line location problem - wrong construction method. 

AC25 int, Win10 64bit