Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Pdf trouble

Justme66308519
Contributor

Please after dimensioning and saving as pdf if i copy to a Mobile device and i use a document reader to open it the floor plan looks scattered. Instead of  a single page it will will be like nine pages and different sections of the floor plans will be scattered. I need help 

9 REPLIES 9

Hello @Justme66308519,

Can you share some screen captures ?

How do you create your pdf file ? By printing or by publishing layout ?

Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

Screenshot_20230218-191757_ReadEra.jpg

 I save it as pdf file. That's Ctrl+shift+s

You have to check your page format into file menu then do a selection area and finaly you are able to print this area into a pdf by the print command into the file menu.

Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

Please do a screenshots of how it's done for me

This screenshot seems to show that the page size that you selected for your PDF is not large enough for the entire layout, thus causing multiple pages to be generated for a single floor plan.  Also, because of the colors, I'm guessing that you are creating the PDF from a floorplan view using the File menu, vs from a Layout.  Check your page setup/etc which should give you a preview of how many pages will be used before you even save the pdf or print.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

How do i check my page set up sir

You can find the page format into file menu like I said into my second comment.

Christophe - FRANCE

Sir where's the file menu located 

Here:

Screenshot 2023-02-19 at 12.05.15 PM.png

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator