Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Project Location - World Coordinates Discrepancy

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've set my project location (latitude, Longitude and Altitude) to a specific surveyed benchmark on one of our sites.

When I then locate another coordinate marker using ArchiCAD 18's Coordinate Dimension object and set the marker location to use World Coordinates relative to project Location, the World Coordinates give the correct latitude but the incorrect longitude.

I've attached screen shots showing the project Location dialogue and the World Coordinates which who the correct latitude but the incorrect Longitude for the project Location.

Anyone else run into this problem? or - I could be doing something stupid too...you never know

Thanks for any input on this

Phil Allsopp
Phoenix, Arizona

Screen Shot 2014-08-18 at 5.53.51 PM.png
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the other screen shot showing the World Coordinates relative to the project location. The Longitude is incorrect - the location and the benchmark I need to locate are only about 5 meters apart..
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Phil:

I am seeing the same: correct Latitude, wrong Longitude; I would guess there is an error in the code of the Object: it seems to work when the Longitude is East rather than West.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
@David:

Thanks - I thought I was going round the bend with this....hopefully Graphisoft can correct the possible coding error for this Object....

Phil Allsopp
Phoenix, Arizona
Transpolis Global
www.transpolisglobal.com
EcoDesigner Star

iMac 3.4GHz Intel Core i7
16GB 1333 MHz DDR3
OS X Version 10.9.4