BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Some wall extras objects won't load

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!
Some objects in Wall Extras are not accessible in the Object Tool. They are normally listed in the Library Manager. I have already tried to remove/add again and reload the native object library (and a brazilian library as well to check if the library file was the problem), and I also embedded the object in the project and tried to load it from there and started a new project with the default template, but nothing works.

While testing to check the issue, I exported the object through the Library Manager and tried to import it from the Object Tool, but received the message "The selected file is not a General GDL Object file. Please select a valid general GDL Object file."
Perhaps it's related to this problem that my RFA & RVT GEOMETRY EXCHANGE ADD-ON is not working. It says "unknown file version. RFA file versions 2015-2020 are supported." And those are the same rfa files that I used in AC22, so the files are just fine.

I'm using AC 23 in Windows 10
Thank you!
5 REPLIES 5
Lingwisyer
Guru
Just clarifying; these objects you are trying to insert are converted Revit objects?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nope, just native AC23 objects like Wall Niche among others. I mentioned the problem with imported Revit objects because I think it is related. I added a print for better clarification.
Lingwisyer
Guru
Wall Niche such are available under Windows => Building Structures.

Ling.

Anonymous
Not applicable
You are right, thank you! I guess this division in wall extras between objects and windows is a little weird since even a pilar recess is in the window tool but not in the object tool
Lingwisyer
Guru
I am not sure how the arch objects work, but all of the objects under to Window Tool cut or extrude the wall they are place on. The others create new entities.

Ling.

Learn and get certified!