Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

User Library

I have a new folder to collect .FBX objectsl imported using Modelport.
I can place an open all the objects provided they remain the Embeded File of the .pln in pregress

I exported those files to a "MODELPOrT Lib" folder and the Library Manager refuses to ADD this folder as an additional Library.
I have another User Library Folder but I have been unable to add the new one; and yes, I know the steps to ADD and Reload and nothing works. Any suggestions will be appreciated

Using AC 23 on windows and greatfull to all of you in this Forum because Customer support really is despicable.
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
3 REPLIES 3
Lingwisyer
Guru
This should not make a difference, but maybe try add an EMPTY folder to your Library, add the exported gsm objects, then reload it?

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 
Ling,
your suggestion inspire me to start a new >pln with only the AC23 Library, then load the new Folder with the selected objects and it worked as as expected.
For some reason I cannot explain, the problem was a conflict having the same "objects.gsm" in the embeded library while trying to ADD my new user Library with the same "objects.gsm
Should have not made a difference but it did and now I am all set..
Thanks
Win 10 Home Premium - AMD Phenom IIX6 1090T Processor 3.20 GHZ 8.00 GB RAM 64-bit Opp. Sys NVIDIA Quadro 4000 AC 22, MEP
Barry Kelly
Conrado wrote:
For some reason I cannot explain, the problem was a conflict having the same "objects.gsm" in the embeded library while trying to ADD my new user Library with the same "objects.gsm
Should have not made a difference but it did and now I am all set..

I wouldn't have thought that would make a difference either.
I would expect it to still add the folder, but you would just get a warning about duplicate objects when you re-load.
So in the end you would want to delete the objects from the embedded library anyway.
Glad that worked for you.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11