Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Window Casing Placement

toman311
Enthusiast
I am trying to get the casing of a window where I want it, but it doesn't appear that ArchiCAD will let me do it that way.

In the attached image, I am wanting to place the casing where the green line is. ArchiCAD appears to only let me place the casing where the red lines are. Is there any way I can get the window casing where the green line is?

Basically, what I am trying to do is install a piece of trim over the window frame and the rough opening.

The only way I can think of doing it is adjusting the outside casing sizes so that the one on the brick has a 0" thickness while the one on the inside of the brick has enough thickness to cover the window frame and rough opening. The problem with this is that the piece that is covering this is really thick, like 2", which is really thick for a piece of trim.

Screen Shot 2016-02-16 at 9.40.35 AM.png
>ArchiCAD 23, 7000 USA FULL

>iMac, 27-inch, 2020, Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i7, Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Tomam,
I don't know if Archicad will let you do it the way you want it, but I'll do those casing manually, using the Shell tool probably.