BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Window and door material change

Anonymous
Not applicable
Guys please help me, I want to change the material of the window frame from wooden to aluminum.How do I go about it.
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Rea wrote:
Guys please help me, I want to change the material of the window frame from wooden to aluminum.How do I go about it.

Sorry to ask the obvious, but have you looked in the settings for the window object.
You should see an option in there to change all of the materials.
Each window will be a little different so I can't be more specific unless you tell us what window object you are trying to change.

Other things to watch out for are in the window settings > Model section, make sure you are not have the material override turned on.
Also in your Model View Options make sure the 3D Level Of Detail is not set to simple.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
If you are talking about an aluminium window in relation to cutting through it, that is not available in the default libraries as far as I know. There are some third party libraries around which have their own proprietary profiles inbuilt.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Learn and get certified!