Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

converting lines to morph

aryastark
Enthusiast

image_2021-11-05_233312.pnghey all,

i have external 2D line vectoral project and want to do something like in the picture. 

i think it is possible with the morph lines. i thought if i can convert this external drawings to morph, then it can be denote like that in 3d axonometric view. 

can we select all lines and convert all to morph? 

thanks.

Ver: AC23
Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.6GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530
Chip type: GeForce GTX 960M
4 REPLIES 4

I don't think you can morph a 2d element.

But you can explode most PDF files into lines, pending how it was created.

If you could obtain the 3d file there are ways to import just about anything.

Tim Ball
Expert

You can use a morph as a 3D line. I use them for things like property boundaries, fire escape routes, etc. However that may not be the best way if achieving that graphic.

it looks like you want to stack several levels and then connect them with lines. You curd do that by connecting 3D views together in a layout, then everything stays live

Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5
jan_filipec
Booster

You can export your drawings as dxf and then file-interoperability-merge.. (I think this is the right translation) this creates a gdl object, which you can see in 3d. After that you can just move them around in 3d, make a 3d document and annotations or convert into morphs and edit.

jan_filipec_0-1636368495515.png

Exactly this is the way to go.

A bit convoluted workaround, but there many more nice use cases (e.g. complicated facades with intricate details; get them "for free" with 90° rotated morph lines).

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»