BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

fully editable in window default settings

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can anyone please explain What is the new feature in window default settings under parameters panel "fully editable" on/off?
3 REPLIES 3
Erika Epstein
Booster
Hi,
A little housekeeping, could you put in your signature your name, OS, which version(s) of archicad you are using, etc.

Which window are you looking at? The ones that I checked in 12 all have it 'on'.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Presently i m Working in ArchiCAD12.0...... I wanted to know the purpose of fully editable in parameters panel in window default settings under window tool.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Select the Wall with the Window in it and go to the 3D Window.
In the 3D Window select the Window.

If the "Fully Editable" option is set to ON, then you will see, besides the usual corner hotspots of the Window, one or maybe more other hotspots. These are the 3D editing hotspots and their color and shape (diamond) is usually different from the normal hotspots.
You can click and drag these hotspots to modify various ascepts of the Window geometry. For example, with most Windows you will have a 3D editable hotspot that will let you graphically modify the opening angle of the Window Sash.

If the "Fully Editable" option is set to OFF, these Hotspots are not visible and you cannot use them for graphical editing in 3D.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!